Ban on Dual Citizens in Government

• No elected official or government employee can be a dual citizen.
  • As an elected official or government employee, and as a recipient of American taxpayer monies in the form of wages, you should have no formal allegiance to another nation.
  • Members of the government, elected or employed, shall only be citizens of the United States of America.
881 Likes

This needs to be a must in our government. We need to be doing the will of the people and that hasn’t been done in a few generations now.

99 Likes

100% agree!

37 Likes

I like how you included government employees many people for get that part.

60 Likes

1.If elected as a dual citizen, you will need to revoke your citizenship upon taking oath of office, or in transition periods between the congress changing.

2.Just a suggestion as an add-on to your point, you must never have served in a military not under an American banner (foreign country), unless as a mercenary or volunteer, not under that country as a citizen, this could be tricky based on mandatory service in some countries, so maybe not exactly this but the sentiment stands.

P. S. As a dual citizen, my first country is obviously the US, but I find it absolutely insane this is allowed, of course if I was elected to congress I would revoke it immediately.

49 Likes

Should duel citizens who have served in the military of ANY foreign nation (friend or foe) be barred from holding ANY position(USPS, Mayor) in the United States Government?

11 Likes

No, but you cannot hold citizenship of another country (ally or adversary) or any other form of allegiance entanglement at the onset of service.

10 Likes

Yes!! I can’t believe this is even an issue!

14 Likes

Yeah I get your point, but maybe not merely mandatory service as in training but if you served in combat as an adversarial country you probably shouldn’t, even if mandatory, that sort of candidate wouldn’t get elected anyway so.

3 Likes

Why not ban dual citizenship entirely? You are either American or you aren’t. Children born with dual citizenship should have to choose on their 18th birthday.

19 Likes

I mean I am not totally opposed, but if any essential reforms needed, this is certainly a bigger priority.

1 Like

:heart:

This should be ammended to require natural born citizens across all government. 1st generation immigrants should not have access to dictate law.

6 Likes

This should be an absolute priority for the incoming administration. If a dual citizen is elected into office, whose interests are they looking out for? How can we, the citizens, be sure? We can’t, plain and simple. End the corruption!

4 Likes

I believe that technically, the United States does not recognize dual citizenship for those 18 and over. Any attorneys out there that can verify?

2 Likes

I know people with 2 and 3 citizenships. If not recognized, it is not enforced.

Absolutely agree . You cannot serve 2 masters.

8 Likes

It doesn’t even make sense that a citizen of another nation is allowed to work in our government

7 Likes

This is a funny one. Kamala is not “natural born” which is a current requirement and nobody lifted a finger about it when she was apointed. Now she is running for president and her parents are BOTH from another country.

5 Likes

Mayorkas is a foreign agent hired to destroy the USA

7 Likes